The firm was founded in 1863 by Mr. Thomas Dallow who started to practice in Queen Street, Wolverhampton. In around 1892 Thomas Dallow’s nephew Richard Dallow was taken into partnership and the firm then became Dallow & Dallow. The firm moved to Lichfield Street in about 1895 and Thomas’ son Arthur Douglas Dallow was taken into partnership in 1911.
Following the outbreak of the Great War Arthur Douglas Dallow enlisted in the Staffordshire Yeomanry and later in the Royal Artillary. The practice was carried on by Richard Dallow and the firm moved to Lloyds Bank Chambers, Queen Square in 1926.
Following the death of Richard Dallow in 1935, Arthur Douglas Dallow carried on the practice alone. His elder son Anthony Thomas Dallow died in London whilst preparing to take his final exams. In 1952 Arthur Douglas Dallow took into partnership his younger son Richard Julian Dallow and Anthony David Lawrence Smith Hilliard, who continued the practice following Mr. Dallow senior’s death in 1957.
Mr. Harold Victor Hilton joined the firm in 1952 and in 1967 he became a partner in the firm. In 1978 the firm moved to Barclays Bank Chambers, Queen Square.
The firm has since 1985 been located at number 23 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton. Mr H. V. Hilton is now the Senior Partner in the firm joined in partnership by his daughter Sarah Hilton in 1993 and Shirley Thompson in 2005 who is now part of the partnership.
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA Number 00077960 www.sra.org.uk